Sunday, July 22, 2018

Vacation: Acquired


While on vacation we got this awesome pile of cast iron.
We love cast iron.
It's just about all I use to cook with anymore.



I found this one at a flea market.
Now we have two this size.
We use them all the time.



The same day we went to the cool knife store we went to a Lodge factory store.
Um...we sort of came out with this set.
And by we I mean Dwayne found this set.
All I had were two serving spatulas and two handle potholders.
You know, moderation.
When the husband says this is a good deal, you don't argue.
And I haven't regretted it.
I love them all!



These were given to us by Uncle Gary and Aunt Janie.
I haven't cleaned and seasoned them yet.
I'm waiting until colder weather gets here.
(90 degree days are not the best days to run the oven for several hours.)
I know I will use these... but it's hard to wait.

In the mean time I've been perusing Pinterest on storage for all of our cast iron.
There's lots of good ideas!




Dwayne's aunt and uncle gave us a few more things.
Like this quilt Grandma Bennett made.
They said it was the last one she did.
It goes to Nolan.



Last but not least they gave us grandma's quilting frame.
Happy quilter!
I already have plans for a quilt for it. :)

No comments: