Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Mini Finish

I'm such a good blogger.
I've scheduled posts to post while I'm at camp.
:)



This is a scarab symbol from one of the video games the boys play.
For his birthday last year I made Nolan a mini quilt with a different symbol.
This year as his birthday approached I asked him if he'd like another.
He said yes. At first I had instructions of finding a simple geometric one like last year.
Then I changed my mind as I decided to take whatever it was as a challenge.
As you can see, it looked quite challenging!




I traced a picture and modified it a little so it was quilting friendly.
Then I traced my version onto some fabric.
I used an iron on adhesive called Heat n Bond to prepare my fabric.
I've never used anything like that. It was quite a learning experience.



After I traced what I wanted, I simply cut it out with scissors.
Then I ironed it to the background fabric.
That's it.
Super easy!



Next, I pin basted and started hand quilting.




It was rather quick to quilt and I was done in no time.






Here are the two mini quilts side by side on his wall.
I didn't realize the new one was slightly bigger until I was done.
The goal was to make them the same size.
Oh well, it's close.
I think these are a new tradition for us.
So we'll see what he comes up with for next year!

Quilt stats:
quilt #22
8 1/4" x 10 1/2"
hand quilted

No comments: