Saturday, March 17, 2012

Frog Spot

There is this place about 1 mile south of our house that we call "frog spot".
We walk there frequently in the warm weather months.
It's a special treat to hear God's little creatures
singing as loud as possible to each other.
The sound is absolutely deafening.  It makes my ears rattle.
They are on both sides of the road so its surround sound!

 It is very difficult to actually see one of these frogs even though
it seems that you are completely surrounded by them.
You have to be very quiet.  They are very shy and
God gave them very good camouflage!
This is the first time in all the years we have been here
that we actually saw one of these little guys.
I was so excited... and I had my camera with me!!!

I think he was only about an inch long... tiny little thing. 


This video sort of gives you the idea... it just doesn't do it justice.

P.S.  I just did some research and discovered this frog is a Spring Peeper.
It can change color from light tan to dark brown... no wonder they are so difficult to find!

1 comment:

Rachel J said...

Wow... they are cute, but SO loud!

Lots of love to you all!
Rachel