Monday, July 01, 2013

Birthday Fun

Want to know what ornery looks like?


Now you know.
I laughed when I saw this picture.
He claims he knew I was taking his picture and gave me "the look".
It captures Dwayne's orneriness perfectly!


We decided to go to Potawatomi Zoo in South Bend to help celebrate Nolan's birthday.
It was quite cool considering it was the first of July!



This picture was taken by Connor who was fascinated by this chicken.
He loved that it was so small.
I'm sure he would have tried to take her home if it wasn't for the cage it was in!


Yes, Connor wore a sweatshirt... in July!

 

We had a good laugh at the flamingo exhibit thanks to a cute curly headed little girl.
Her mother asked her if she knew what made the flamingos pink.
Without missing a beat the little girl replied, "The pink feathers."
Well of course!


The zoo had this long banner set up.  Thirty feet to be exact.
Apparently that's how long a kangaroo can jump.
Along this banner they measured out the jumps of other creatures as well.
So the boys jumped to see how far they could go.
I told them they had to jump farther than the flea!


I'd like to say this guy posed for me...


and this guy didn't.
He turned his head at just the right moment.
Now he's a headless emu.


We just had to ride the train.


Just had to get some feet.


Dwayne just had to "rest" somewhere... which didn't
stop me from taking his picture from the train.


The cool little train.


I think it's funny how this guy's back foot apparently needed some sun.


This is the hurry-up-and-take-the-picture-so-we-can-move-on picture.
Thanks for almost cooperating boys.


The zoo has this bronze tortoise statue that is a favorite place to take pictures.
I think they need more than one of these because there's always
someone else waiting while your kids goof around get their pictures taken.

















I asked Connor to adjust his hat so I could see his face...








Nolan requested a trifle for his birthday cake this year.
He told me the layers he wanted: crushed oreos, chocolate
pudding, strawberries, and cool whip.
It was super yummy.



Very smoky after those 11 candles were blown out!

No comments: