Monday, August 05, 2013

Camp

Last week the boys and I went to Checkpoint Bible Camp.
This was Nolan's third year and Connor's first.
It was my first time as well.
I helped in the kitchen by managing the meals for the campers with food allergies.
I can't say enough good things about this camp.
It's so unique.
The camp is essentially two camps in one.
One for juniors (grades 3 - 6) and one for middle school (grades 7 - 9).
Every day each camp had chapel followed by bible teaching... and it wasn't the fluffy stuff!
The middle school campers have (among other things) MTA's (Ministry Training Activities).
The highlight of the week is Thursday evening when the middle school campers lead chapel.
They played music, did vocals, read scripture, skits and told bible stories...
all things they learned during the week at their MTA's.
It's truly a blessing to watch.


The junior campers have lots of cool activities to do.
Here is Connor in drumming class.


They have field activities every day.
It rained on this particular day and had to be indoors
but they had a blast none the less!


A chipmunk that posed for me while I was walking back to the dinning hall.


One evening they had an Olympics night.
They had 8 events set up.
They had 3 minutes at each station to complete a task.
This one is a baby pool filled with water, marbles and ice.
They had to get as many marbles out of the pool and into the small
tubs as they could... using their bare feet.
Did I mention the ice?
It wasn't exactly hot outside... let's just say
this station had the most screams!


Everyone needs a Giant Jenga!


The camp uses a Boyscout camp facility and has access to
all of its activities, including the rifle range and archery building.
This is one of the popular ones for the boys.
I tagged along to watch Nolan shoot and they
asked me if I wanted to do it too!


Not bad for my first time with a rifle!


This year the boys did derby cars. 


This is Nolan's car winning a race.


We had such a great time at camp... only 51 weeks until the next one!

No comments: