Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Four Decades

 After yet another snowstorm, we finally had some warmer temperatures!


Cool talon-looking icicle.


Nolan sewed some pillows.
He did a great job.


OK, so it's my birthday.  The big four-o.
The boys treated me with breakfast in bed.
My mother also surprised me with a pinafore apron.
I've been wanting one for a while.
I can't stand a regular apron.
The strings on the neck drive me nuts!
It's a bit old-fashioned, but I don't care...
it's much more comfortable to work in.


My angel food cake.
Yes, I made my own birthday cake.
Dwayne's grandma used to make one for everyone's birthday.
I have taken over the tradition... so I got to make my own.
Actually, I shared it with my mother-in-law who's birthday is also this week.


The weather was really beautiful today. 



We walked 1/4 mile in knee deep snow to get to the sledding hill.
You can see poor Casey jumping because it was so deep.




It was perfect sledding weather.
We had a blast.










Someone's hat print in the snow.


Connor air-born.



It was lots of fun until we had to trudge the 1/4 mile back through the knee deep snow!
Even the dog was tired when we got home.

No comments: