Friday, April 08, 2016

Closer to Quilting



I have managed to baste my quilt sandwich.
Now I'm ready to start quilting.
I think I've learned that there are two processes I don't like about quilting.
One is pressing fabric after I wash it and before it's cut to use.
It takes too long and I just want to start using it.
I've learned that most of quilting is using the technique that works best for you.
For me, pre-washing is a necessary step.
I'm so glad I did this time.
My backing fabric bled a little so I washed it twice!




A close up of the backing fabric.




The second thing I don't like about quilting is deciding how to quilt it once I'm done piecing the top.
I'm sure that as I gain experience, this will become easier.
There's so many options.
I'm afraid of messing it up.
I do have a couple of ideas for this quilt.
We'll see how they turn out.
There's always the good ol' seam ripper if I don't like it!

No comments: