Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Runner

Runner.
Not Indian Runner but table runner.
This post is not about ducks, chickens, dogs, or kids.
Yes, this is another quilting post.
I still can't believe how much I enjoy quilting.
I decided that since I'm still without my sewing machine, I'd do a hand quilting project.
This will be a table runner made with hexagons.
A lot of quilters call these hexie quilts.
The method is called English paper piecing (or EPP for short).
It's how I did the boys and dogs for Nolan's quilt.



I started off with a bunch of 2 inch squares from my scraps.
Then I printed and cut some templates from wax paper.
I prefer wax, but you can use any kind of paper you like.



Wax paper is like a secret weapon for quilters.
The wax will melt and adhere to fabric when it's ironed.
Simply peel it off the fabric when you're done with it.
The punched holes are to make it easier to remove the templates.
(I haven't tried it yet, but it sounded like a good idea.)



Once the template is secure it can be basted.



All basted and ready to put in the pile with the others.



There should be 230 hexies.
The process has gone very quickly so far.
One of the boys has a dentist appointment today.
I'm hoping to finish basting these while I wait.
My goal is to start sewing them together sometime this week.
So stay tuned for update photos.

No comments: