Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Mother's Day


I had a very nice Mother's Day.
It was more like a weekend than just one day.
On Saturday the boys treated me to lunch at the park.
Then we went to a farm store for a little shopping.
Connor got me some new garden tools.



On Sunday, Nolan and Dwayne mowed while Connor weeded my north flower bed.
I attempted to work on a quilt top but it was too nice outside to be inside.
I'll finish it eventually.



Dwayne and I got ice cream later in the afternoon and
sat by the fountain at the college (or former college).
It was a very nice Mother's Day with a beautiful blue sky.
If I'm honest, however, I'll tell you that a chunk of my day was in tears.
As I got ready for church that morning the loss of my dad hit me.
It seemed like I spent the rest of the morning mourning.
Not how I planned to spend Mother's Day.



I remembered the times when I had talked with my dad on Mother's Day.
Oh how I miss that.



 Eventually I came around and the tears were no more.
I get frustrated sometimes when the mourning hits.
Dwayne always reminds me that this is just part of it.
I'm thankful they're are fewer days like that.

No comments: