Thursday, February 22, 2018

Red and White Table Runner


I have finished another quilty thing.
I love the way this table runner turned out.
It might be my favorite.
My goal was to have it finished in time for Valentine's Day but that wasn't meant to be.
AKA I had thread issues and a date with mister seam ripper.
Not fun but lesson learned.



I designed this runner with a specific block in mind.
It's one I'm going to use in a future secret sewing project.
I needed to test it out.
It took a few messed up practice blocks for me to get
it right and not waste copious amounts of fabric.




I tend to tape my blocks to the wall since I don't have a design wall.
The family accuses me of letting my quilting take over the house.
They may be right, I'm taking over the walls now...hehe.




Every inch of this runner, inside and out, was made with scraps.
I love to use what I have on hand.
I'm a scrap quilter at heart.



I quilted the entire thing with my walking foot.



I had fantasies of free motion quilting the curved parts.
Then I did some practice and reality set in.
I need lots more practice.




If you're wondering how I got such good looking arcs...
templates and a washable marker.
A quilter's best friends.



Not bad for doing curves for the first time with my walking foot.






 Runner stats:
17 1/4" x 41 3/4"
finish #2 for 2018, lifetime quilt #18

No comments: