Saturday, January 08, 2022

New Year's Day Quilt

 
I have another quilt finish!


I love mini quilts and have made a few.
I keep all my triangle trimmings from making binding and throw them in a glass jar.
While they're pretty, I have mini quilt intentions with them.
Mini quilts intrigue me.
They can be done quickly but they need more precision to make.
...and quite possibly more patience as well.
So New Year's Eve I decided to tackle one.

I started this around 6 PM with the intent to finish it that night.
(Enter copious amounts of laughter.)
By 8 PM I had it sewn together and ready to quilt.
It did not take that long as there were breaks taken while sewing.
Anyways... my mind was willing but the body reminded me that I'm no spring chicken.
Plus I wanted to do some research on binding a mini quilt.
So I finished the next day.
Nothing like starting a new year with a quilt finish on day one!

It is made entirely of scraps, including the batting.



The backside.
The binding is not wonky by the label. The shadows are playing tricks.
I plan on taking this mini to work and hang it on my cubicle wall.
I'd like to fill my wall with these. That would be cool!




New Year's Day mini quilt
#42
6" x 7 1/4"
machine pieced and quilted

No comments: