Saturday, July 16, 2022

Quilts For Moms

 I waited to make this post so I could share two quilts at once. While it's fun to make secret sewing projects I find it hard to keep it a secret! I guess I just enjoy quilting too much and want to share! One is a mini quilt that went to my mother-in-law and the other is a lap quilt that went to my mom. I thought it was fitting to share them in one post.

These quilts were made entirely with scraps and fabric I had on hand with the exception of the border in the lap quilt.



I learned how to make hourglass blocks. They're so fun! 
I will definitely have to make more.


I love making mini quilts and wanted to make one a month this year but abandoned that after this one.
I realized that Connor's graduation quilt needs to take priority.





  quilt # 46
10" x 10"
machine pieced & quilted



I made scrappy triangles for the lap sized quilt.
The fabric for the triangles all came from a bag of 8" squares found at a thrift store.
(I still have some left!) All I did was sew two together diagonally and cut them apart.


Making these triangle blocks was a dry run of sorts for the graduation quilt.
It's good to have extra practice.


Beautiful blue flowers for the backing, also found in my fabric stash.




A behind the scenes look at the quilt holder...it was a little breezy.


Found this little Bob Ross treasure in a scrap bag I bought at one of my favorite vacation quilt shop stops.
Perfect for my mom.



The best part was being able to surprise both moms.
:)

quilt# 47
approx. 50" x 56"
(I forgot to measure this before I gifted it, that's design size and not after washing & shrinking.)
machine pieced & quilted

No comments: