Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Little Things

Recovery day 7.

Today marks one week since my surgery.  We can't believe it's been one week already.  Last night was the first night I slept through the whole night.  It also means I woke up without pain medication.  It wasn't bad.

Last evening was also the first time I washed my hair.  I'll admit that a tiny part of me wanted to but most of me screamed no.  The surgeon did not cut my hair.  Instead of cutting, they make a part and slick it down with some sort of nasty goo.  The first time Nolan saw me (we left him in Indiana with family), he asked why my hair was up!  Imagine high hair from the 80's, not washing it for a week and you get the idea.  So today my hair is slightly cleaner than yesterday.  I will still be wearing my floppy hat while I am in town though :-) .

No comments: