Saturday, November 21, 2015

Table Runner

A year ago I made a goal to finish hand quilting Nolan's quilt by this Thanksgiving.
It didn't happen.
I was well on my way to accomplishing this goal, but
news of my dad's death changed our lives forever.
It took me a while to get back to quilting.
(My dad always asked me how my quilting was going... kind of
hard to get back to it when your accountability partner is gone.)
I decided I needed a break from the current project.
Thankfully I had another in mind.



Back in the spring I bought a table runner kit at a yard sale.
I don't own any table runners.
I'm not a decorating kind of person, except for Christmas.
However, I liked the colors and style of this runner.
It looked like a beginner's kind of quilting project.
Besides, the price was right!



It took several weekends.
It came together rather easily.
made several mistakes learned a lot.



I even used one of my sewing machine's fancy stitches.
So don't think I made those wavy lines on my own!


It was fun and quick project.

No comments: