Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas


Christmas snuck up on me.
I knew it was coming and I thought I would be fine.
Then the crying started the morning of Christmas Eve.
I think I cried off and on for two days straight.
That's not how I wanted to spend Christmas.
I did enjoy the times between the tears.
I also realize that this was just how this Christmas was.
I needed to cry through it and that's OK.

I'm eternally grateful for the birth of our Savior.
That's what Christmas is about.
That will never change.
There is hope of a future without this sting of death.
No pain, no sorrow.
No more sin.
Just to be with Jesus.
Forever.
I can't wait.

~



So between the tears we enjoyed a visit to my mom's.
We enjoyed pizza and a movie.
Gifts and laughter.



Silly socks.



And pretty paintings.



***



Christmas morning we started with our tradition of reading about the greatest gift of all.



I didn't take many pictures.


No comments: