Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Random


I'm guilty of not making a post in a while.
I don't like it when the blogs I read go a long time without a post.
So that's why this post is full of randomness.



I made anise cookies over the weekend.
This was my first failed baked batch.
It was at this moment that I realized I did not put the right amount of flour in the dough.
Oops.



I gently forcefully scraped the cookies from the pan.
I haven't had a batch like this in a long time.
(I've had many failures over the years trying to bake Connor safe cookies.)



Thankfully, all I had to do was add in some flour and all was well again.
I can't tell you how much we're enjoying using duck eggs to bake with.
Especially Connor.
He claims these are his new favorite cookies.


We even threw on some frosting!
Yes, we have cookie cutters in the shape of a foot.
Nothing says Christmas quite like a frosted foot.



We had a beautiful rainbow in the west.
Both my brother-in-law and my father-in-law called me to tell me.
They wanted to make sure the boys saw it.
The boys had been sick so I was letting them sleep in.
(It's awesome to have that flexibility when you homeschool.)
So I took pictures.
(OK, I would have taken pictures anyway.)


I'm diligently working on Nolan's quilt.
I'm not neglecting the house/boys too much...

No comments: