Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Back

 After one month, my back is almost normal again.
I'm so excited.
I'm going to ease my way into all my usual activities though.
I really do not want to re-injure myself.
Once was bed enough!

I did start quilting again last week, but only in short bursts.
I've been quilting more as my back agrees to it.


This is the section I need to finish so I can roll down the quilt.
That will mean it's at the half-way point.
I wanted to have this done for Connor's birthday in April,
but the bad back threw my time table out the window.
I have already told him it won't be done in time.
I will choose to celebrate what I do have done.
:)



I have also decided to join a quilt block challenge.
It's my first.
It looked simple.
It also meets one of my goals for the year: a half square triangle sampler quilt.



These were not my first color choices but I think they'll still work.
I was trying to use fabrics I already had.
Thankfully they had a color sheet so you could fill in your own colors.
(Yes, I was in a hurry when I colored this.)
It's called Snowy Day Quilt Sampler by Andrea Smith of Happy Cloud Creations.
The block challenge is hosted by National Quilters Circle.



I finished the first block Monday.
A new block will be released each week.
The eggs and clocks will be my background fabric with the newsprint as sashing.
I plan on posting my blocks as I get them done.

No comments: