Thursday, February 09, 2017

Ouch!

So I did something dumb last week and managed to injure my back. I've done dumb things before but never like this. I was in so much pain I gave in and saw a chiropractor for the first time in my life. Now I'm on the road to recovery. I can get up off a chair and not wince in too much pain. Progress. 
I have a long way to go but at least I'm vertical!


(I opened the door to take some duck pictures and
Pepper mistakenly thought I was letting her inside. Silly dog.)

I was hoping to have a quilt update but I haven't touched the quilt in a week.
I can't wait to get back to quilting.


I can't wait to get back to taking care of my family again.
I'm not a fan of being the patient.
It's hard for me to sit and do nothing.
It's a humbling experience to ask your teen and tween to put your socks on for you.


I'm looking forward to getting back to my "normal".


Dwayne stayed home twice this week to help me.
We even tag-teamed homeschool one day (before I got super bad and gave up for the day).
The men in the house have done an awesome job of taking care of things.
They've been doing all of the food/laundry/dishes... and taking care of me.
I have an awesome family.

I'm off to rest in a rocking chair with an ice pack.
(I was banned from the couch by the chiropractor.)
I'm not going to complain, I'm much better than I was.

No comments: