Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Sweet

Believe it or not this is the 400th post of this little blog.
Our first post was on November 8th, 2005.
Nolan was 3 and Connor was 6 months old!
We didn't post much the first five years.
In 2011 we started making a better effort to make more posts.

To celebrate the 400th post I'm going to do absolutely nothing.
:)
This is one of those mix-and-match posts.

A little story about sugar:
Last week Dwayne and I challenged each other to see who could
eat the fewest grams of sugar in a week.
We went all out and rewarded the winner with $5.
This was my effort to get us to eat less sugar.
It worked.



Daily amounts of sugar:
Far left: 25 grams (for women); middle: 35 grams (for men); right 100 grams.
There are many conflicting numbers on how much an average American consumes.
So we went with 100... even if it's 75, that's still a lot of sugar!
We are continuing our effort of eating less sugar.
We have felt better and had more energy.
Oh, and in case you were wondering who won the challenge, Dwayne did.
I was most assuredly stomped.
My average daily amount was less than the daily allowance... just not as good as Dwayne's.
I still count that as a win.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>



We're still plugging away at school.
Now that the boys are older there's not as many cool photo worthy things that they do with school.


<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>



Since we had a nice sunny day, I laid all my quilt challenge blocks on the porch.



I have officially started quilting the last row!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Quack - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Couldn't leave out the ducks.
We still have all of our ducks, the fourth one is behind the window frame.
I posted a video on facebook of a duck embryo moving.
Only two more weeks and we should have ducklings!

No comments: