Wednesday, April 05, 2017

All Done!

This is the post that's dedicated to the bragging, sharing of a finished quilt. I have to say, the more I quilt, the more I love it. I enjoyed every step of this project. My goal all along was to finish by Connor's birthday. After getting side-lined by the back injury in February, I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I told Connor that I probably would not get done in time. He was a little disappointed. However, after doing some quilting marathons, I managed to finish with a few days to spare! I'm not sure who was more thrilled, me or Connor! So without further ado, let the photo overload begin!



Quilt stats: quilt #9, finished 69" x 89 1/2"
I have no idea when I started this quilt. Lets just say it was more than several years ago!
(The story behind the Overall Sam and dog blocks can be found here.)
I pieced this together in October and started hand quilting in January.
It took me about 106 hours to quilt this (yes, I need to work on my speed... or lack of).




We recently moved the chickens inside the yard. They were curious about what I was doing.



I went with simple quilting for this using all straight lines.



This was also my first time using a striped border.
I love it.


It wasn't until I added the label that I realized that the egg fabric is upside down.
It doesn't bother me at all!
It made me laugh.
We joked that that is how you're supposed to put eggs in a carton, point down.



Speaking of the label.
I learned how to print on fabric!
I may do all my labels this way from now on.



Close up of the sashing intersection.



Diamond work on the dog blocks.



Close up of the binding and a rooster.
Connor loves the chickens.




One last detail from this quilt.
I put a heart like this in Nolan's quilt.
It's a tribute to our old labrador Rosie.

No comments: