Friday, April 14, 2017

Updates


This isn't really an update but more like "we finally got around to it".
Dwayne worked on his Associates Degree from
Tyndale Theological Seminary for what seemed like forever.
He actually finished it around the time my dad was killed.
(The date on the diploma says 9/2/2015, just one week after.)
Because of the timing, we opted to get the diploma later.
Well life went on and we kind of forgot.
In February I decided to secretly get it for him.
Although I got worried with a few close calls, he didn't suspect a thing.
It was an awesome surprise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we can use duck eggs, I have been making homemade noodles.
For my birthday I ordered a ravioli maker.
I was a little hesitant to try one but it turned out to be super easy!


This was my first batch of 12.
I overfilled the pockets and had to help them out... thus the dimples.



The second batch turned out much better.
Now I just need to work on the flavor of the filling.


0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0


I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news.
In case you haven't seen our Facebook posts, all of our ducklings died before they hatched.
We were so saddened and frustrated.
We do want to try to hatch some out but we decided to wait until next year.
Now for the good news.
We've ordered six female Indian Runners.
The ducklings should be here by the 26th.
And we should get some colored ones!



We also picked up a couple Pekins.
They are supposed to be a relatively tame breed (and good layers).
Connor's hoping to make pets out of these.
He's named them Click and Lavender.
It will be several weeks before we know their gender.
So cute to hear little peeping again!

No comments: