Friday, September 08, 2017

Quilt Quack 4


In the last post I mentioned working on foundation paper piecing.
Here is a picture of the finished block.
The triangle parts were easy but sewing them together took some patience.
I ended up using the seam ripper a few times...
I'm happy with how it turned out.
I may make two more blocks and put them together for a table runner.
For now it will sit and wait. I have other projects to tend to.




Now that I'm totally and completely addicted to quilting, I'm learning to shop frugally for fabric.
I try very hard not to buy fabric unless I need it for a project and it's on sale.
This stack of fabric goodies came from our local thrift store.
Every time I'm in there I check the fabric bin.
Most of the time it's not very full.
Sometimes it's full but the fabric is not good for quilting
However, on this particular trip there were two full bins to go through.
Even with so much fabric to choose from I still curbed my desire to get it all.
Dwayne found the bag of circles.
It had such unique fabrics that I couldn't pass it up.



What's a Quilt Quack post without something about the quackers.
These are two duck eggs from Daisy.
The one on the right weighed in at 101 grams!
(That's a little over 3.5 ounces.)
The largest one we ever got was 105.
Yes, it was a double yolker.
Poor duck.

No comments: