Thursday, August 31, 2017

Quilt Quack 3

 It's time for another installment of quilt and quack.

I have finished one quilt and almost done with a second.
I hope to finish the second one this weekend, if not sooner.
I can't show them yet.

I will, however, show something new that I'm learning.
I have been taking part in a free video tutorial on Facebook.
It's a three part series with one left to go.
I am so excited to officially learn how to do foundation paper piecing.


It makes piecing super easy.
I've tinkered with it before but I really didn't know what I was doing.



I can't believe how easy it is once you learn the technique.
This pattern even has the lines numbered.
It's basically sewing by numbers.
So easy.
So precise.



This project has two different triangles.
You make four sets of each triangle.
Then those will be pieced together to make one block.
I'll have to take pictures of the block once the last tutorial is finished.
Should be fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Before I get to the ducks I have to share this picture.
It's from our kitchen window.
Our two Wyandottes still think they belong on our porch.
The dog doesn't bother them even when they drink from her water bowl!
I have to shoo them off the porch several times a day.
So far they're winning the porch battle.
A squirt bottle is my next line of defense.



That's Connor.
That's Connor looking at a hidden chicken nest in the cow run behind the house.



This is said hidden chicken nest.



This is a pile of 19 wasted chicken eggs.
Stinkers were laying their eggs here for days before we found it.
It was a nice looking nest though.
Just frustrating.



We've learned that ducks over a year old stop laying eggs for 2 - 4 months when they molt.
Apparently go through a molt every year.
Our duck pen looks like there's been an epic pillow fight.
This doesn't even come close to all the feathers laying around our yard.



So while our older ducks have temporarily stopped laying eggs
our younger ducks should start up soon.
This is Daisy our young Pekin hen.



Wednesday we found the first egg from the Daisy.
This beautiful egg is our first duck egg in 29 days.
Hopefully in the next few weeks the young Runners will start laying too.
Can't wait!

No comments: