Monday, January 22, 2018

Plugging Away

Not much going on around here.
We are enjoying a reprieve from the deep freeze.
It's nice to have temps above freezing even if it's for only a short time.
We got a pool out for the ducks to enjoy until it gets too cold again.



I recently finished sewing all the rows together for the jean quilt.



We threw it on the bed to check out the size.
We thought it needed one more row for the length.
I quickly added a row after this photo was taken.



I finally decided on this newsprint fabric for the border.
I have all the strips cut.
Now they need pressed and sewn to the quilt.
I'm hoping I can sew them early this week so I can have it basted soon.
This quilt is getting really close to a finish!
I'd like to have it done soon so we can use it.
It's a heavy quilt that's perfect for winter... and I know we're not done with the coldness yet.



Before the snow melted away Connor made this really cool bear head snow sculpture.
He did an amazing job.
Speaking of great jobs our boys recently got their first semester grades.
Between the two of them they got all A's and one B!
We're a little proud of them. ;)

No comments: