Thursday, January 11, 2018

Quilt Quack 7

It's time for another installment of the Quilt Quack Chronicles.
It's been a while.


The temperatures finally warmed up enough to enjoy the snow.



They were wrestling and she stopped to lean on Dwayne.
She was eagerly waiting for more.
Silly dog.



And since the temps were around the freezing mark we drug out the hose and the pool.
The ducks were actually afraid of the pool at first. How quickly they forget!
Once one of them figured it out and then there was a line to get in.
At one point there were five ducks in that turtle sand box.
It was quite the pool party.
The water was very dirty when they were done.

 ____________________________________________________________________________

On to quilting!
I got my blue jean quilt back out.
I started it last year and put it on the back burner.
I did that because I knew the size was going to change.
I ended up resizing the quilt in my quilting software.
It made it so much easier to do.


I needed to add sashing to 224 squares.



I chain pieced them.
That means you sew one right after the other without cutting threads.
It saves time and thread.



Chain piecing also means that they need to be cut apart.
Luckily I had some eager volunteers!



One of the many things I've learned while piecing this quilt is that it is messy.
There are a bazillion little white threads all over the living room from the jeans.
They stick to me too.
I look like I've been shredding jeans.
It's a small price to pay to quilt using old jeans.



 I have all my rows sewn together and sashing along each row as well.
The next step is to start sewing the rows together.
Can't wait to have this one done!

No comments: