Friday, October 19, 2018

Finished!

I can finally post my latest quilt finish.
Woo hoo!


The purpose of this quilt was the weight.
So I opted for simple with no fancy piecing.
The front is Cars fabric and the back is mustaches.
Both loved by the recipient.
I also added a fun striped binding.
You can clearly see the grid of pockets that holds the pellets.
For more information about how I did it, see this post.



Typically I like to drape a quilt over the fence.
This quilt is much too heavy for that!
I used the porch railing instead.



Quilt inspector Pepper.



Another appearance by the quilt inspector.



She must have had a lot of inspecting to do.



Apparently the quilt is OK.



I personally love a striped binding.
This is the second time I've used it.



This quilt was made special for a special young man.
Thus the name, "Just for Josh".



I like taking photos of the quilt in the grass too.
I had to go to a chicken and duck free yard...
Thankfully my in-laws live just down the road.
:)
It's also my tradition to walk down and show my in-laws the latest quilt finish.
I didn't walk it down, I drove the 500 feet.
The quilt weighs 15.2 pounds and my back was telling me
that carrying it that far was a bad idea.



The back.


Quilt finish #24
70 1/2" x 82 1/2"
15.2 pounds
machine quilted

No comments: