Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt

I'm slightly insane in that I've started another quilt project.
Technically I started this back in November just after I finished sewing the table runner.
I love hand piecing hexagons. (Some day I'll branch out to other shapes.)
They make good take-along projects.
Perfect for the spare time I have after work before we leave the school.






Project box all labeled and filled with stuff for my quilt.


I'm thinking of a grandmother's flower garden quilt.
I quickly made a mock up on the computer.
My goal is lap sized.



I decided to use the large stash of cut squares I found at the thrift store.
I'm making them in small bunches at a time.
If I stick to my original mock up, I'll need 100 flowers.
That's 700 hexagons in flowers alone!



This was the first flower I made.
Only 99 more to go.




It wasn't until after I made several flowers that I realized I should be quilting my table runner.
So I've reluctantly put these aside until the Confetti Runner is quilted.
But once it's done...
:)

No comments: