Friday, February 01, 2019

Ready, Set, Go!


I finished this table runner top back in October.
Then five days later I started another hexagon quilt.
Then the table runner sat and waited.
Then I started working.
Then I thought perhaps I should finish the table runner first before continuing the new hexagon quilt.
(Then I also thought I should make a post about the new hexagon quilt too!)



So I started to make the parts for a quilt sandwich.
Because I'm frugal I made some franken-batting.
It took 14 pieces to get the size I needed.
I have bigger scrap pieces but didn't want to waste them on a table runner.



A little basting prep on my sewing table.



Lots of pins later I had it basted.
I plan on taking this with me to school.
Thread basting tends to get caught on stuff so I decided to pin baste instead.
I also taped the raw edges to prevent the fabric from fraying.
I'm hoping all this prep will make it mobile friendly.
I have two hours from the time I'm done working until Dwayne is done.
I do read but it also makes me sleepy so I need something else to do.
Hand quilting to the rescue!
I have a quilting plan but have no idea how long it will take me to finish.
I'm not planning on marking my quilting lines this time.
I plan on free hand quilting.
Hope it goes well!

On a side note, I had a fight with my large quilting frame.
I ended up switching frames.
I also ended up with several splinters in the process. :(
Hopefully with the quilt in the other frame I won't have any more issues.
I still have a goal of finishing the full size quilt by the end of May.
We'll see.

No comments: