Wednesday, April 02, 2014

More Quilts


My mom gave me a couple of quilts while on my last visit.
They are just beautiful.
My great-grandmother made them.


 This pink and white one I will be passing along to my cousin.
I have taken careful measurements so I can have the pattern.
I assured the boys it would not be pink!


I discovered the quilting in this quilt is a diagonal stripe that appears to be a thumb-width apart.
Who needs tape or a marker to measure out the distance?



These quilts have me a little excited to start on my own quilting journey.
I have no idea what I'm doing!
I have big quilt shoes to fill.


The second quilt was my grandmother's wedding quilt.
The colored pieces are made from her dresses when she was a little girl.
My great-grandmother and my grandma along with her sister all worked on this together.


I love the colors.


I can just imagine my grandma playing in those colorful dresses as a little girl.


Tiny delicate stitches.

No comments: