Saturday, August 16, 2014

All Is Well

We recently made a quick trip to St. Louis.
We were in town for my surgery post-op check-up.
I'm very happy to report that the doctor gave me a clean bill of health
and we do not have to go back to the neurosurgeon.
Praise God that the brain AVM will not return and all is well in my cranium.
The doctor removed my surgery glue and now my head isn't quite as tender!

We were not near the area where the unrest was happening.
We did, however, see three riot police in full gear at the Culver's
near Eureka, which is west of downtown St. Louis.
Ferguson is on the north side.



Yes, Connor is holding a fishbowl.
I'll make another post for that story.



My sentiments on driving through Illinois.
In my opinion, it's very boring through the middle of that state.
We stayed awake by playing the alphabet game.



We stayed at the KOA on Route 66 again.
This time the weather was perfect for camping.



Our home away from home.
The more we use our tent the more we like it.



Connor being Connor.



This KOA has these cool bikes.
You lean your body to turn them.
We had lots of fun with these.


He's not giving the peace sign.
He's telling me he's crashed twice.


I rode for a little while too.
It's the first time I've ridden a bike since surgery.
It went well until the bigger rocks on the gravel drive.
It jarred my surgery seam just a little too much for my liking.
(This was before my doctor appointment and I still had glue on my seam.)




We also enjoyed the pool a couple of times.




This was when the boys decided to go for a morning swim.
The air was a little on the cool side yet.



Nothing more fun than jumping into the pool.




Trying to fall flat into the pool.
This was the closest either of the boys got.



Shadow shot, pool side!


This was taken from the top of the north parking garage at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.



You're looking at Busch Stadium with the arch in the background.
There is a spot in the stadium that you can see the field
from the interstate but I couldn't catch it with the camera!
Maybe on our next visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But if he does flash a peace sign, grandma will be very proud...