Thursday, December 18, 2014

Six Months

Six months ago today I had my brain surgery.
It was an eight hour surgery, at least that's what they tell me.
I am amazed to have gone through that kind of surgery.
The surgeon viewed it as routine.
It was anything but routine for us.
We spent several weeks planning and preparing.
I think back to six months ago and it seems like a lifetime ago.
There are times that it seems like I never had surgery at all.
Most of the time the skin on the back of my head feels normal again.



God brought us through that long week in St. Louis.
He provided everything we needed.
Even things we hadn't thought of.


It took a while, but I slowly went back to my "normal" life.
I'm so thankful.



I'm thankful just to watch the kids play.



I'm thankful for these two.


I'm thankful for the ability to make attempts at things in the kitchen...
...even if they fail.
(Failure can taste good!)



I'm thankful for all the evidence of children in my house.
I'm thankful for all the gifts that God has
given us in each day, including each day.

No comments: