Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Lambchop

It has been a while since I last made a post.
It was mostly due to lack of post-able material..
AKA we haven't done anything too exciting around here.
I was waiting for the start of school or more butterflies to hatch.
Then tragedy hit the family.
I'm not sure when or even if I will make a post regarding it.
I'm only going to say that my father has died and it was at the hands of another.
Honestly, we're still in a state of shock.

~

So in the meantime, I'm posting about our dog.
A tribute to my dad because he asked all the time about what Pepper was up to.
Pepper is quite the character.
Rather frequently she has us laughing.
She has been therapeutic in the midst of our mourning.



This is Lambchop.
Pepper's toy.
It squeaks.
She carries it around.
She flips it in the air.
It has been well loved.
It has a few holes.



One morning we found Pepper with one foot holding the lamb
while she proceeded to un-stuff her beloved toy.
We thought it was the funniest thing.
We needed some laughter that morning.


As I was getting these pictures, I noticed that Lambchop was missing.
We looked all over the yard for it.
It was nowhere to be found.



Eventually we found it in a flower bed.
She had buried it with one foot sticking out.
This had us laughing for several minutes.
It was especially funny because our dear old Rosie had done something similar.
Rosie buried a chicken in the back yard with its feet sticking up out of the ground.
Goofy dogs!

No comments: