Friday, January 01, 2016

One Step Closer


On Monday this is all I had left to quilt.
I was determined to get this done while on Christmas break.



A close-up of one of the zillion stars that were quilted.
I didn't like the original location of this one so I moved it.
The white lines will wash out in the first washing.



By Friday I quilted the last star.
I'm so excited to report that I have finished quilting!!
I worked diligently every day to finish this.
I quilted across the entire quilt in five days.
I'll be honest and say that my fingers are a little sore.
But I'm so glad it's done.



This is the only contrasted quilted part.
All of the others blend in as best as I could get it.
This was in honor of our dear old black lab, Rosie.



A close-up of some of the stars.
There's just a few ;)



All I have left to do is square it up (aka trim the excess) and add the binding.
I'm planning on sewing the binding by machine.
It should go fairly quick.



I'm hoping to have the quilt completely finished within a couple of weeks, if not sooner.

I've already disassembled the quilt frame.
I'm so glad to have my living room back!

No comments: