Saturday, January 09, 2016

Quilt Progress

With my limited quilting experience I had no idea how to trim a quilt.
How do you make it square?
Thankfully Pinterest rescued me and I watched several tutorials.
I finally understood how to do it but I lacked the proper large enough tool.


I had made a nice large sashing all around the quilt.
I didn't have anything big enough to span the distance to the outside edge.
I tried lining several smaller rulers side by side but it was still too short.
I finally found what I needed and the price was right and I still had some Christmas money left!
I anxiously awaited its arrival.
It wasn't supposed to be here until Monday.
How surprised I was to find our mail carrier delivering it today!


This is an awesome quilting ruler.
I had the quilt trimmed in less than an hour.

Next phase: making the binding.
I'm getting really close to getting this quilt done.

No comments: