Saturday, June 18, 2016

And That's Two


 I can't believe it's been two years since my brain surgery.
A lot has happened in that time.
Even though I have to live with the horrible atrocity of my
dad's murder for the rest of my life, it's still great to be alive.


My dad would have gotten a huge kick out of this photo. (No pun intended.)

Every once in a while my scar, which we call my seam, gets tender.
And that's OK, I can live with that!
(I'm only mentioning it because some people still ask.)
We joke all the time about my seam and the plate in my head.
It has brought us much laughter.



I feel fine.
I have a clean bill of health.
God has given me so much to be thankful for.
Breathing, walking, talking.
Family.
Salvation.
That's just a drop in the bucket.

1 comment:

Miki said...

Thank you for sharing the fantastic pictures! The pictures are filled with a lot of lively moment --- the vivid color of the flower with the sunlight, a boy and a chicken jumping to a green pea, and the Runner ducks --- I feel the energy of all of the creatures on the earth. Life is beautiful:)