Thursday, June 23, 2016

Scraps

Scraps have different meanings in our house.
Basically there's two kinds.
The kind you throw to the pigs or chickens.
And the kind you hoard if you're a quilter: fabric!
Since I finished my last quilt I have been eager to start my next one(s).
I can't seem to stop myself from just one quilt ;).
I have squared all of Connor's quilt blocks and have them set aside.
I said his quilt is next and I plan on keeping my word... as the budget allows.
Quilting is not a cheap hobby!
I have sketched out his quilt and estimated the fabric I need to complete it.
Now I'm waiting for a good sale.
In the meantime...


I have started to organize the scraps I do have.
Not much but at least it's organized.
This is only the smaller scraps.
The larger pieces are folded and arranged in a craft cabinet drawer by color.



My other quilt project is going to be a jean quilt.
I have been cutting up a large quantity of jeans (three bags).
This is one of two piles I had after cutting the seams out of the jeans.




A pile of seventy 5 1/2" squares.
I think I have over 100 now.
I also have strips of two different widths to help supplement the squares.
I have no pattern I'm going by.
I do have a few ideas I've gathered on Pinterest that I'm using as a guide.
My goal is to make a king sized quilt... we'll see.

No comments: