Tuesday, October 25, 2016

How About That


We harvested our sweet potatoes over the weekend.
We hadn't really planned on planting any but decided to try it anyway.



This was from five hills.
Our crop weighed 27 pounds!
Not bad for not trying too hard.

The first hill was dug up a couple of weeks ago.
My father-in-law did it because he was curious to see how mine did.
And truthfully, I think he was a little jealous.



Check out the size of that potato!
That one potato is enough for a pie.
We joked with my father-in-law that he should stop tending his potatoes and try the neglecting method instead. (I did weed some, but not as much as he did.)
I think it worked pretty well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Nolan found these guys sunning themselves in our lane.
We thought it was mighty late in the season for snakes.



Kind of on the small side.



We think they were common garter snakes.
I certainly wasn't about to house them for the winter,
so we let them go so they could find a place to hibernate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Nolan carved a pumpkin at a harvest party.


He did a good job on all those pointy teeth.



So naturally we got one for Connor to do too.
He did the entire thing all by himself.
I didn't have to touch any pumpkin guts!


Such a happy little pumpkin.


Which turned into a shoe eating pumpkin.
Apparently someone borrowed my shoes and kicked them off...
landing the shoe close to its mouth.
Then Connor helped the pumpkin out by shoving it in farther.

No comments: