Friday, October 14, 2016

LQS

LQS
Quilt lingo for local quilt shop.
Recently I was able to go to a bittersweet sale at our LQS.
It was awesome to get great fabrics for 60% off.
Unfortunately the store is closing.
So sad as it was the only shop in the area.

I had a plan of attack for buying fabric.
My top priority was backing and binding fabric for Connor's quilt.
Since I was successful with that endeavor, I went back the next day.
I had plan for this trip as well.
My goal was to get flannel backing for another quilt but they didn't have enough.
I tried a couple of different bolts but both fell short of what I needed.
And nothing appealed to me to piece together either.
So I improvised a plan B.


I decided not to shop with a specific quilt in mind but to build my fabric stash instead.
Since I'm relatively new to the quilting world, my stash is quite small.
I have plenty of florals, pastels, and browns.
I chose one yard cuts of solids and low volume prints.



 I also got several novelty prints.
I have been wanting some newsprint fabric and got one yard of it.
The others are half-yard cuts of stamps, barnyard critters, and clocks.

All in all, I think I did pretty well at the sale.
I now have plenty of fabric to keep me busy for a while.

No comments: