Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Sewing Mode

Yes, I finally got my sewing machine back!
I immediately went into sewing mode.
My awesome family made it possible for me to have an entire Saturday dedicated to sewing.
They did dishes, laundry, and cleaning while I was at a fabric sale.
(So sad, our local fabric shop is closing.)
When I got home they told me to go quilt.
I didn't need to be told twice!
This week I was able to finish Connor's quilt, A Boy and His Dog II.
It's the companion quilt to Nolan's.



This is what happens when there's a slight breeze.
The quilt top by itself is not heavy enough to stay down.





Several years ago Connor picked all the fabric for the dogs.
He also wanted chickens.
All those chickens and roosters make the border a little busy, yet fun.



I found this egg fabric in town at our soon-to-be-closed local fabric shop.
I got enough of it to do the entire back of the quilt.
I'm thinking of adding a striped binding...
which is why you only see a snippet of that fabric.
I'm trying to visualize what it would look like.

The next step is to piece the backing and buy some batting.

No comments: