Friday, January 20, 2017

Doll Quilt

A friend of mine told this story of how she found a really cool doll for her daughter.
This got me to thinking about a doll quilt.
I couldn't stop thinking about it.
After some Pinterest research, I made one.
It was super easy and quick to make.
It took me three days, start to finish.
(It would have been quicker but we had silly things like school to do!)


Yes, that's the doll quilt on Connor's quilt on the quilt frame.



I sewed 64 squares in random order with scrap fabric.



Then it was sandwiched, basted, and quilted.
It was quilted with a simple cross-hatch grid using the walking foot.



All done. It finished at 21 inches square.
I like to wash my quilts as soon as they are done.
This makes it crinkle and gives it that soft ready-to-use look.




I found the perfect backing too, dogs.


Now the quilt is in its new home.
:)

No comments: