Monday, January 30, 2017

January This and That

It's that time of year when not much happens around here.
It's too cold to enjoy anything fun outside without freezing to death.
We're staying inside where it's nice and warm.
Counting down the days until spring...


Connor built this cool little village.


We're glad he still likes the Lincoln Logs.
(BTW it's slightly less painful to step on a Lincoln Log than a Lego...
and they don't fit in the vacuum. Just sayin'.)


 

He had to take the roof off to show me the people inside.



One tall building.


Lots of short buildings.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



I made some beef stroganoff with homemade duck egg noodles.


We're still so very thankful for the duck eggs!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I'm diligently plugging away at Connor's quilt.
I've made it my goal to have it completed for his birthday in April.


I think that's a doable goal.
It has gone fast so far.
I'm making my first pass across the second row.
It takes two passes to complete a row.
There's four rows.
So I'm almost halfway done with the quilting!
This time I'm keeping track of the time it's taking me to quilt.
When I get to the halfway point, I'll post how much time it has taken.

No comments: