Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Quilt and Quack

I decided to hand quilt Connor's quilt.
The first step before quilting is basting.


So for several days it covered half of the living room floor.
I also marked my quilting lines while it was nice and flat.
It's much easier to do that before it's in the quilt frame.



I had to dig out the frame pieces and assemble them.
I haven't had it out in a year.
My family is awesome putting up with all my quilting things.
Especially when they take over part a room.
Thankfully it fits nicely behind the love seat and under the ceiling fan.
Perfect for lighting.



One of the quilt squares with a crazy dog.
The mark lines will completely wash out.
I'm hoping to start quilting today.

Connor has already asked me how long it will take.
I told him I didn't know until I started. (How's that for not answering the question!)
I'm hoping it will go fast since it's all straight lines except for the dogs and boys.

==========================================================

And now for some ducks!



The other day Nolan came to our bedroom (where the lap top is) and asked what I was watching.
I chuckled and told him I hadn't been watching anything.
The ducks happened to be right outside the bedroom window.
The hens were quacking quite loudly.
(As if they could quack quietly.)
They must have been having a quacking good time!

No comments: