Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Camp

Connor and I spent last week at Checkpoint Bible Camp.
It was our fifth year.
Dwayne stayed home due to his bad foot.
Nolan chose to help on the farm for the week.
He says next year he'd like to try being a CIT (counselor in training).
Since Dwayne wasn't going to be there I opted to stay in a cabin rather than our tent.


Last year I volunteered to do snack drop since I take care of the special food needs.
This year I had a new helper.
Not a single snack drop went as it was supposed to (and it wasn't my fault - honest!).
However we laughed till our sides hurt every single time.
Something that should have been so simple turned into an adventure every day.



This was one of the times we were retrieving empty boxes...
at least that was the goal.
More mishaps and more giggles but all was well in the end.
Did you know that driving a golf cart is gentle and a Gator is not? They don't go slow!
No trees, kids, carts, Gators or snacks were harmed in the delivery of snacks.



I didn't take many pictures this year.
I didn't even go watch any of Connor's activities.
This was his first year in middle school camp.
He did awesome and he loved it.



The week went by very fast.
I was hoping to escape the realities of my world for a little while.
I did for the most part.
Halfway through the week I got my travel itinerary for the trial in Texas.
That sent my emotions in turmoil for a short while.
I didn't stay there long.
A few people knew about the trial and they were praying for me.
Staying in God's word helped too.



And puppies!!!
Everybody needs puppy therapy now and then.
These are basset hounds.
I had never seen any colors besides the normal kind.
This one was my favorite.
The coloring was called lemonade and ice.
They were four weeks old and hadn't been walking long.
They were more like drunken sailors.
(The "normal" colored puppy above was 12 weeks old.)



A basket full of light colored basset hounds.



This gentleman has been bringing puppies to camp for a few years.
The kids and adults alike love the puppies.

That's the camp report for this year.

No comments: