Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Two More

I have recently finished two more baby quilts.
Just like all the others, there's a story to tell.
I once again made two baby quilts for a shower.
One to be given to the baby and one to be donated on behalf of a miscarried baby.
The charity quilt is going to a crisis pregnancy center. 
This center "provides caring, loving, non-judgmental support to women and girls who are distressed by an unplanned pregnancy."


These quilts are roughly the same size.
Barnyard quilt 33 1/2" x 37 1/2" (on the left)
Jeep quilt 32 1/2" x 37" (on the right)
The wind blew the one on the left making it look much bigger.



I wasn't sure I would get these quilts done in time.
I had carefully planned around my surgery.
Then the car accident threw a wrench into my plans.
I knew no one would have cared if it was a little late... I had a good excuse.
However, my wrist/thumb healed fast and I was able to finish with plenty of time to spare.



I tried new to me quilting that went fast.
The quilting is called organic waves.
It's pretty hard to mess up...even for me.



One quilt has a Jeep theme for a little boy to enjoy.



The other one has a gender neutral barnyard theme.
It has lots of cute farm animals romping around. 



There's never a dull moment on the farm.
I heard my in-laws coming so I waited to capture them in the background.
How many other quilters have tractors in the background of their quilt pictures?



Or ducks?
Some of my quilt inspectors came over to see if I had any peas.
(Ducks are crazy about peas.)



The other quilt inspector wanted to play.
It's hard to get good help.



Typically when I finish a quilt it stays here on the
living room quilt rack until it goes to its new home.
I'm happy to give them away but I do miss them when they're gone.
Until I make more that is!



This is the quilt that went to a dear little boy.
A little boy who was given up for adoption so he could have a chance at a better life.
A little boy who made a couple become first time parents.
A dear little boy.
A precious gift.



Here's mom holding her charity quilt.

I have plans to make more of these charity quilts.
There are several moms I know who have lost babies.
I have lost one too and plan on making one in memory of that baby.
We may not have been able to hold our babies but we have never forgotten them either.

No comments: