Sunday, March 04, 2018

Quilt Quack 8

It's time for another Quilt Quack post.

First, the quilting. :)


My birthday was a couple of weeks ago.
It was agreed that I could shop for my own birthday gifts with the
understanding that I could not have them until my actual birthday.
That was fun to do with the exception of this particular gift.
This quilt pattern is part of a sew along I'm participating in online.
Let's just say by the time I was able to have my pattern I was a little behind.
I didn't mind.
It gave me some time to start gathering fabric!



I started sewing my first set of houses this week.
They are super easy to do.
I then sewed two more weeks worth of houses.
The schedule is quite relaxed with making eight houses per week.
There are a total of 132 houses in the quilt.
I think the schedule has the quilt finish sometime in June.

If you're on Instagram check out #sewingavillage.
Quilters from all over the world are participating.
It's been fun seeing all the different houses.



My pile of house parts ready for starching.
Then I'll cut the larger squares into smaller pieces.
This coming week I should be able to catch up with the sewing schedule.



I'm using scraps and fabric from my stash.
One of the best parts about this project has been the doors.
Some people were "fussy cutting" them.
That means to cut the fabric in such a way that a picture of something is in the middle.
I decided to do that too. It's quite fun! So fun that someone set up a door swap.
I am anticipating some swapped doors in the mail in the near future.
I can't wait to see what I get!




This fox looks a little ornery.
The fox came from the curtain that hung in Nolan's room when he was a baby.





This is probably one of my favorite doors so far.
So much so that I sent one to my door swap partner.
This duck reminds me of our Pekin drake when he struts around the yard.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q U A C K ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



We've had a few people ask us where we keep the ducklings.
They are in this stock tank behind our sofa in the living room.
This tank has worked really well for housing chicks and ducklings over the years.
Although I think our chick days are over.
It's ducklings from now on.



We've seen noticeable growth in them.
Ducklings grow faster than chicks.



For some reason these two have taken to hiding between the "mess hall" and the side of the tank.
Mess hall is what I call the plastic tub we keep their food and water in.
Ducks are incredibly messy creatures.
Their mess hall needs to be cleaned once a day.



They thought they were getting peas when I took this picture.
We recently started giving them squished peas.
Ducks go nuts over peas.
We have no idea why but they do.
Think feeding frenzy or a cat hopped up on catnip.

As of today there are 7 days left until hatch day.
Three of our four surviving eggs are wiggling every once in a while.
We're getting closer!

No comments: