Saturday, May 12, 2018

Grounded

This past Tuesday I managed to hurt my back.
It's the kind of back pain that brings you to your knees and takes your breath away.
Great.
I had so much I needed to do including getting ready to head to Texas.
I hurt myself doing morning chores. I was afraid I was going to have to stay in the duck run until my in-laws came to our end of the farm to do their chores.
I didn't like the thought of that one bit as it was pretty early and I would probably have to wait a couple of hours. So I managed to pull myself upright using the duck coop. I hobbled my way to the house and waited for the chiropractor's office to open.

I've been to the chiropractor twice so far and I'm waiting for my next appointment. Last time I was like this it was a few weeks before I was back on my feet.

After the first night I made the hard decision to not go to Texas. I couldn't get out of bed without help. How in the world would I survive flying and sitting in a courtroom every day? I felt guilty for a short while. My body harshly reminds me why I chose to stay home. When you can't even put your own socks on you have no business flying across the country.

So now I'm confined to a rocking chair to rest and recuperate.
I try to ice my back once an hour.
I'm not a fan of sitting and doing absolutely nothing.
I've done this blog post with the tablet because my back only lasts about five minutes sitting at the desk.

And of course I have a hand pieced quilt to sew
I didn't sew at first because I was too miserable.
It's ok now as long as I am careful.
I'm almost done adding a second new row to the confetti table runner.
There are only seven rows left to add!






No comments: