Saturday, May 19, 2018

I Couldn't Resist

 Sometimes I just can't help myself.
Wouldn't you know it that someone we know is having a baby?
I couldn't resist making something quilty.
I decided on matching doll quilts for the new big sister and her soon to arrive little sister.
Granted, the baby won't be able to play with hers for a while.





The pattern is called jelly roll race.
A jelly roll is a pre-cut fabric package of 42, 2 1/2" wide strips.
I cut my own strips from fabric in my stash.
It's incredibly fast and easy!
No thinking, just sewing.
I will definitely make this pattern again.



I wanted the backs to be similar and yet have each one distinguishable from the other.



A little breeze and some curious ducks.



These quilts are roughly the same size at 19" x 20".

No comments: