Thursday, May 31, 2018

This and That

Not much going on around here.
The boys are done with school now and we're prepping for vacation.
We seemed to have skipped spring. Our weather has turned hot.
Really hot...like August hot complete with high humidity.

The random things going on around here:



Pepper waiting for me to come home from walking to my neighbors.. AKA the in-laws.



I finished this quilt top I've been working on.
It was part of a sew along I did.
I'm thinking of adding another border to it to make it fit a full size bed.
That will wait until after vacation.
I'd love to do it now but I've got work to do!




We set up the tent for a practice run.
We also wanted to see how our new cots will fit.
It will be interesting.



I finally spent the last of my birthday money and got some precut fabrics.
I picked out the three smaller bundles but the rest was from a surprise package.
I thought that would stretch my fabric comfort zone. :)



I reinforced the end seam on a flag for my father-in-law.
I felt like Betsy Ross!



Dwayne and I came across this painted turtle in the pasture on one of our walks.
We relocated him to the nearest ditch.



Sadly our Pekin hen, the one on the right, died this week.
We're not exactly sure what happened.
So now our drake is a bachelor.

No comments: