Friday, September 07, 2018

Quilt Quack 12


I know this is neither a duck nor a quilt but it was a rather pretty rainbow.
The colors were really vivid just before I took this photo.



I'm about to embark on a new adventure in my quilting journey.
This is a 15 pound bag of poly pellets.
They are safe to wash and dry.



I'm attempting to make my first weighted quilt.
I'm a bit excited and nervous all at the same time.
It should be fun.



The young man to receive this blanket loves the movie Cars.
This will be the front.
I'm not cutting it up into fancy piecework.
I didn't want to cut into Lightening McQueen and his friends.
:)



The recipient also happens to love mustaches.
I also happened to find some fun mustache fabric for the back.



I bought my first bolt of batting!
I was price shopping and came across this deal.
It happens to be perfect for some of my projects.

I will try to take pictures as I venture my way into this uncharted territory (for me anyway).
It's supposed to rain all weekend.
We'll see how much I can get done. 

 ______________________________________________________________________



Last but not least, here is a picture of my in-law's duck, Ducky.
He roosts with the chickens.
Silly duck.

No comments: