Thursday, August 30, 2018

Rescued


I know I posted this on social media but I wanted to make a blog post too.
I'm so glad I found this quilt!
I rescued it from the pet blanket bin at our local thrift store.
I paid a whopping $1.61 for it.
It's 67 1/2" x 77"



I've never had the desire to buy a quilt, antique or new.
When I saw this I knew it was a crazy quilt.
I knew that it looked old.
It wasn't until I started spreading it out in the store that I found the date.



I really didn't want to leave it in the store.
Another lady passed by me and commented that it looked like a crazy quilt.
I told her I thought the same thing and I was rescuing it.



The details and stitching are quite amazing.
There are several leaves and flowers spread about.
There are also several silk patches that have frayed.
I have learned what I need to do to protect it.
(I'm sure it will involve another post.)
:)




It now resides in my living room on this quilt rack I also found that day.



I really liked that it had a Sunbonnet Sue on one side and Overall Sam on the other.



 I inherited 12 unfinished Overall Sam blocks a long time ago.
It was several years before I decided to work on them.
Then it took several more years to finish those 12 blocks.
(I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing.)
And that's how I started quilting.

No comments: